Scrolling text on your digital signage is a useful feature to have. You can use it for Employee birthdays or anniversaries, announcements, weather, news, stock, alerts, inventory, stock, donor wall, and much more.
The great thing about scrolling text is that you can combine it with your regular content or use the split screen design on the digital signs and you can display a horizontal strip at the bottom or the top part of your screen. You can also use our vertical scrolling text widget that is more commonly used in Digital Signs on Offices, Hotels, Airports, etc.
Let's dive into the how-to create vertical and horizontal scrolling text:
Use cases design examples:
Here are some ideas to use horizontal and Vertical text features on your digital signs:
1. Employee birthday:
6. Weather alert:
7. Guest, donor wall (vertical scrolling)
8. Employee Birthday (vertical scrolling):
You can even connect to Google sheets for birthdays, employee anniversaries, donor walls, prices, inventory status, and more.
Create a vertical scrolling zone on your screen:
- To create a Vertical Scrolling Widget, first, log in to our OptiSigns web portal and open up our OptiSigns designer.
- Click Widget and click Scrolling Vertical to add the widget to your design. Keep in mind you can move it around, resize it and edit color, and transparency.
- Add or Edit the content to your vertical scrolling widget by clicking the Edit Content button. You can enter text, adjust color, and alignment, or even insert a table to organize content.
That's it, you have created Vertical Scrolling Widget in your OptiSigns Designer and now can assign it to your screens, and playlists, or schedule it.
If you have any doubts about our designer you can check out this video. Or our step-by-step with images.
Create a horizontal scrolling zone on your screen:
1. To achieve the screen layout like above, we first have to create a Split Screen layout.
2. Then create a Scrolling Strip and assign it to the bottom or top part of the split screen by clicking on Files/Assets -> Apps -> Scrolling Strip
3. Enter a name, this name will be used in your Asset list.
Next select Type. It can be Weather, News, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter feeds, etc.
- For Type = Text, enter your own text. Each item is separated by a new line (Enter).
You can click Advanced and set:
- Show date: Display data on your Scrolling Strip
- Show time: Display time on your Scrolling Strip
- Theme: Select Light or Dark Theme. You can also customize your background color if you select Custom.
- Speed: Select how fast you want the wall to scroll or switch between news items. You can also customize your speed if you select Custom.
- Spacing: Set how much space between each item.
- Font Size: Set the font size for the Scrolling Strip app.
After Saved, the Scrolling Strip will appear in your Asset list.
- You then can assign the scrolling strip to your split screen zone. For your convenience, if you use one of our Split Screen Templates, we already label the Zone name with "Scrolling Strip" and you just need to assign the newly create Scrolling Strip there.
For detailed step-by-step with images, you can click here.
Want to try OptiSigns for your business? Sign up for a free 14-day trial now.