QR Codes is a great way to connect with your customers. By displaying a Call To Action QR Code on your digital signs, customer can scan it and take various type of actions such as:
- Open a web link
- Call a phone number
- Send an SMS Text message, you can even pre-fill some information
- Send an email
- Take user to App Store to download an app (it will auto detect Android or iPhone and take user to the appropriate places)
- Take user to follow your Facebook, Instagram, or other social media pages
- Connect to a WiFi network
- and more ...
All smartphone (Android and iPhone) have QR Code scanning built-in with their default camera app. Users just need to open the camera app, point toward the QR code and actions will be prompted.
With OptiSigns you can add QR Code to your signs very easily. Here's how it look:
Let's jump in and get started:
First, If you are new to OptiSigns, you can follow this guide to set up a Digital Signs and put some content there.
Here's high level steps on how to create sign with QR Code:
- Create a slide in OptiSigns (if you already have your own videos, playlist, and you only need to overlay a QR code you can read this guide for Overlay)
- Add QR Code to your slide
- Assign the slide to your screen
Let's go steps by steps.
1. Create a slide in OptiSigns
Open OptiSigns Canvas editor: https://canvas.optisigns.com/
Select a template you want to use or if you want to use your own image click "New Design"
Edit the slide to your liking, or if you have your own image, click the Image button to upload use it in the canvas.
2. Add QR Code to your slide
Click QR Code button on the left side menu.
Click Add QR Code
Select the type of QR Code you want to use (Weblink, Social Follow, SMS, etc.)
Click Update QR Code
Give your slide a name, and Save it.
Congratulation, your slide design is ready, you now can assign it to your screen and use it.
3. Assign the slide to your screen
If you don't have a Digital Signs screen yet, follow this guide to set up.
You will see your new design with QR Code in your list of media assets to use.
To assign it to your screen, click Screen tab.
Click Edit the screen you want to use.
Select Type: Asset.
And select the canvas design you just created.
Then click Save.
That's it, your screen will be updated with your new canvas design with QR Code.
Ready to get started?
If you are not using OptiSigns yet, you can sign up now for a free 30 days trial, all features included.